My Stats. My Story.
A brief overview of pertinant information about me and my coaching style, as well as a few details that have no relevance whatsoever.
Name: Jessica Renee Heimsoth
Relationshp Status: Married to a pretty awesome dude who makes me laugh, cooks for me, does my taxes, and keeps me from wandering off in theme parks, unfamiliar cities, and Wal-Mart. Mom to Kysa, a startlingly serious 9-month-old with a giggly center. Dog Mom to Kimber, the photogenic German Shepherd in the photo above.
Little known facts: I LOVE ice cream. I have flexible joints and can therefore lick my elbow, which is supposed to be impossible. Also, when I was a freshman in college, I won a rubix cube for having the messiest room in the entire dorm.
How I see ADHD: An often debilitating WAY OF BEING caused by genetic predisposition, brain chemistry, and environmental circumstances (essentially, both a nature and nurture issue.) EVERYONE with ADHD has talents and strengths that can be drawn out and developed in order to life a full, happy life.
What I teach about God: The Bible is God’s revelation of ultimate truth to mankind and therefore the place we should go to seek direction and wisdom. Also, serving, glorifying, and enjoying God is ALL of our purose here on earth, and should be our number one priority. For many of us, ADHD makes this difficult, but I am evidence that we truly can be transformed, even if all we can manage right now is WANTING to want God.
My Mission: While highly dependant on YOUR specific needs, my personal goal is to help you, my client:
- Put God first in your life.
- Understand what ADHD really is and how it shows up for YOU.
- Identify your strengths, skills, values, purpose, and goals.
- Introduce and refine strategies and tools that will help you reach those goals (more quickly than you ever dreamed was possible.)
- Prevent the dreaded, but usually familiar BACKSLIDE, instead making your strategies stick long-term.
- Help you understand how to USE your emotions to get what you want, rather than letting them push you into the same painful habits that are keeping you stuck.
- Give you the forward motion you’ve been waiting, hoping, and praying for.
What I teach about getting what you want: You can have it. No, really. With a few exceptions everything that you want is available to you when you understand that:
Everything you do is because of a feeling.
Everything you feel is because of a thought.
Most of your thoughts are untrue, and all of them are optional.
Changing your thinking will literally change your life (sometimes, in an instant.)
I’m here to help you through ALL of it. 🙂